Safe Hosts Internet LLP
We operate an open settlement-free peering policy with our Autonomous System (AS59816) and is available for peering at a range of IXPs and data centres.
We have some basic technical prerequisites before establishing mutual peering sessions. Networks wishing to peer with us must have:
- Publicly routable Autonomous System.
- Publicly routable IPv4 address space (we do not accept IPv4 blocks smaller than /24).
- Complete and up to date PeeringDB entry.
- 24x7 NOC contact
Traffic Requirements - Public Peering
We do not have any minimum traffic requirement for public peering. We prefer direct BGP sessions over route servers.
Traffic Requirements - Private Peering
- We prefer an average traffic level of 1Gbps or higher before considering private peering.
- A minimum of a 10GbE port should be provided by the peer.
- Peering interfaces should be upgraded if traffic levels consistently exceed 60%.
- We support LACP or eBGP Multipath to aggregate capacity.
We operate a strict routing policy in order to maintain performance and stability across our network:
- We remove BGP Communities and MEDs on all of our peering routers.
- We preference private peering sessions above public peering sessions. Routes learned through route servers will receive the lowest preference.
- Peering sessions will be immediately removed if a gateway of last resort is established towards any of our peering routers